The Shipley Nature Center is open to walk-in visitors on Fridays and Saturdays between 9 AM and 1 PM. During the week, the nature center is only open to scheduled programs (school field trips, registered classes or group volunteers).
The Friends of Shipley Nature Center are pleased to support the City of Huntington Beach with fundraising towards preserving, maintaining and operating Shipley Nature Center within Huntington Central Park – West.
Suggested walk-in donation is $3 per person. Donations assist us in keeping the gates open and the habitat safe. Donations are accepted through our account at PayPal.
Shipley Parking is located at 17851 Goldenwest Street, Huntington Beach. Additional parking is located at the Huntington Central Park West, 6741 Central Park Drive.
Friends of Shipley Nature Center in partnership with The City of Huntington Beach Water Conservation invite you to
California Native Plant Sale
Saturday, October 29, 2022 | 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
HB residents who attend will receive a voucher to
Buy a plant – Get one of equal or lesser value
(Limit of 5 free plants and once voucher per household and proof of residency)
We have limited carts available to haul your plants to your car.
Please consider bringing your own cart to haul your plants to your car. Thank you.
Contact Us by Phone: (714) 842-4772 Email: email@example.com
FACEBOOK Friends of Shipley Nature Center
Opportunities to Get Involved and join The Friends of Shipley Nature Center
- We are actively seeking dedicated leaders with diverse perspectives to join both the FNSC Board and Committees of the Board. Interested?
- You are in a position to help a make impactful “investments” in education, wellness, conservation, which are among the most significant challenges that our society faces.
- We actively sponsor environmental educational programs and kid-friendly activities to promote awareness for conserving the natural habitats that support a healthy ecosystem for humans and wildlife.
Support Shipley Nature Center Each Time You Shop Amazon
Each time you shop, please start with smile.amazon.com/ch/68-0517856. AmazonSmile will donate a portion of your eligible purchases to Friends of Shipley Nature Center at no cost to you. Thank you!
Don’t Let It Loose, California!
- Non-native invasive species- even exotic pets – may compete aggressively with California natives for survival and destroy the habitats.
- Even though an animal may be native or endemic to your area, it may harm the existing gene pool if released.
- Please read alternatives to releasing unwanted pets into the wild.
California Dept of Fish and Wildlife
- Thank you for sustaining a healthy ecosystem with your responsible actions.